Our ratings are adopted from the photographic catalogue ‘McKeown’s Price Guide to Antique and Classic Cameras’.
- 0: New. With factory warranty.
- 1: As new. With no factory warranty.
- 2: No signs of wear.
- 3: Very minimal signs of wear.
- 4: Signs of light use, but not misuse. No other cosmetic damage.
- 5: Complete, but showing signs of normal use or age.
- 6: Well used. Showing signs of heavy use.
- 7: Restorable. Minor parts missing. Refinishing necessary.
All lenses, even when new, may have particles of dust that are visible that will not affect the image quality. This is certainly true for older used lenses. Our gradings indicate when lens imperfections could affect the image quality.
- A: New. With factory warranty.
- B: As new. No factory warranty.
- C: Everything functioning. Recently professionally cleaned, lubricated, overhauled and fully guaranteed. Glass perfect.
- D: Everything functioning. Recently professionally cleaned or overhauled, but no longer under warranty. Glass very clean.
- E: Everything functioning. Major functions have recently been professionally tested. Glass will generally be clear; any marks or blemishes that will not affect image.
- F: Everything functioning. Major functions function, though have not been adjusted for accuracy. Glass may have marks or blemishes that should not affect image.
- G: Functioning. Shutter speeds or meter are inaccurate. Lens has marks that will affect image. Cleaning, lubricating and adjusting is desirable.
- H: Usable but not fully. Shutter may stick on slow speeds. Meter may not work. Glass may have marks or blemishes that will affect image.
- J: Not usable without repair or cleaning. Shutter, meter, film advance may be stuck, jammed or broken.